We believe that the best lawyers are those who also get involved in professional and community organizations. We have made the time and effort to be actively engaged in the following organizations:
- Contra Costa County Bar Association (CCCBA) – In late 2011, James was appointed to the Board of Directors of the Contra Costa County Bar Association. Currently, he is on the Executive Committee, and he serves as the Board’s liaison to the Employment Law Section and the Solo/Small Firm Section. James is also a member of the Editorial Board of the Bar Association’s monthly publication “The Contra Costa Lawyer.” Additionally, in 2008, his peers elected James as President of the Employment Law Section of the CCCBA, and elected him to the Employment Law Section’s Board of Directors since 2007 as well.
- Northern California Employment Roundtable (NCERT) – The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) recently revitalized NCERT, and James proudly served two years as President of the Board.
- Economic Empowerment Fund – Claudia serves as the Secretary of this non-profit corporation dedicated to promoting diversity, eliminating bias and reducing unemployment and poverty in low income and minority communities through business education and procurement opportunities to minority-owned businesses.
- San Francisco Food Bank – Claudia also volunteers with the Food Bank and the San Francisco Bar Association’s Volunteer Legal Services Program.
- California Minority Counsel Program (CMCP): Wu Castillo, P.C. is one of the very few minority-owned law firms specializing in employment law and human resources issues to be a part of the CMCP.
- National Employment Law Council (NELC) – Claudia and James are member of this national organization whose membership is limited to senior minority employment lawyers.
- San Francisco Hispanic Chamber of Commerce – Claudia is a past Board Member and she served as the Government Affairs Chair and Secretary from 2008 – 2009.
- In addition, while practicing full-time at a large law firm, James served as an Assistant Professor in the Paralegal Program at California State University-East Bay.
- James was also President of Walnut Creek Little League and served on the Board for several years. He also served on the Board of Directors of a local Montessori School, and on the Site Council for his children’s public school.